The Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT or ITWL in Polish) is a scientific and research organisation, which is supervised by the Minister of National Defence. Its mission is scientific support and research into problems of operating of products of aeronautical engineering.
Owing to the studies in the field of reliability and broadly understood flight safety, the Institute has significantly contributed to the development of Polish aviation. The Institute's output comprises hundreds of elaborations - effects of research and experimental works, design efforts, and technical/servicing activities - applied in the Air Force of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland.
THE INSTITUTE IS INVOLVED IN THE INNOVATIVE WORK IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Designing and Integration of Aeronautical Systems
- Logistics Systems
- Safety and Reliability
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Training Systems, including E-learning
- Air Armament
- Airfield and Road Infrastructure
- Substitute Fuels, Working Liquids and Lubricating Oils
- Biocomponents in POL's Engineering Products
- the NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) Code 0481H
- the State concession No. B-404/2003 granted by the Ministry of the Interior & Administration
- the Internal Audits System No. W-45/2/2006 in the field of scientific and research support of operation/maintenance of military aeronautical systems
- the Industry Safety Certificate of the First Degree No 3/I-38/T/W III/2009
- the Quality Management System consistent with the NATO AQAP 2210 and the PN-EN ISO 9001:2001 standardisation documents
- the authority to confer the Ph.D. degree in the field of "Machine Building and Operation"
- research laboratories awarded Certificates of Accreditation by the Polish Centre for Accreditation